The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a deeper way — to understand the timeless truth of God's Word as a powerful, compelling, life-changing reality. To accomplish this, the ESV Study Bible combines the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV Bible text. The result is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published — with 2,752 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources.
- 2,752 pages — equivalent to a 20-volume Bible resource library all in one volume.
- 1.3 million words — written by 95 leading evangelical scholars and teachers.
- 20,000 notes — focusing especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues.
- Over 50 articles — including articles on the Bible's authority, reliability, and interpretation; on biblical archaeology, theology, worship, prayer, and personal application.
- Over 200 full-color maps — created with the latest digital technology, satellite images, and archaeological research; printed in full color throughout the Bible.
- 200-plus charts — offering key insights and in-depth analysis in clear, concise outline form; located throughout the Bible.
- 80,000 cross-references — to encourage easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes.
- 40 all-new illustrations — including full-color renderings and architectural diagrams of the Tabernacle, the Ark of the Covenant, Solomon's temple, Herod's temple, the city of Jerusalem in Jesus' time and throughout the history of Israel, and many more.